Sunday, May 15, 2022

WIP: Vehicles For My Post Apoc Bunker Faction

I've been looking for some 1/43-ish light military vehicles for my post apoc bunker faction for a few months now, something along the lines of Humvees or M-ATVs.  Unfortunately, pretty much all that I found were collectors diecasts in the $30-70 dollar range and Humvee kits at around $25 a pop.  I was hoping for something a bit less expensive, as I wanted 2-3 of them.

By chance, I found some diecast GAZ TIGRs at a grocery store a couple of weeks back for about $6 each in roughly 1/48th scale.  They are actually reasonably detailed models, and the front doors open.

Diecast GAZ TIGRs from the grocery store.

For now, I took two of them, diassembled them and drilled out the roof hatch to receive small turret with opening hatches. I plan a few additional modifications, before re-painting them.  Here are a couple of WIPs:

With the diecast roof hatchs drilled out and filed.


With new hatches in process.

The plan is that one will have a light auto-cannon, in this case a modified GW Cadian heavy weapon, and the other will have a lighter weapon of some sort, maybe a sort of machinegun laser.  Otherwise, they will get some solar panels to recharge their batteries,  rear bumpers, some stowage, etc.

I'm hoping to get paint on them by next weekend.

3 comments:

  1. A very good find and conversion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, looking forward to seeing this guys finished up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice find. They will make great exploration vehicles.

    ReplyDelete