Thursday, May 23, 2019

More Cold War 6mm Vehicles from Scotia-Grendel

I'm kind of in a holding pattern hobby-wise, as I've aggravated tendons in my hand again.  So, what better time to share pictures of my latest order of Cold War  models from Scotia.

First a couple of West German models (all are listed as 6mm):

GM-0005  HS-30 APC (Also known as the Spz 12-3)
Decently detailed, but feels a little small.


GM-00009 Twin 20mm AA gun.
A very nice model, this appears to be the Rheinmetal Zwillingsflak
20mm towed AA gun that went into service in 1976.  It also served
with the Argentine Air Force during the Falklands War.

And now for the French:

FM0014  VAB w/81mm Mortar
Decently detailed and instantly recognizable models.

FM0018 VAB HOT ATGM, looks like the correct hull, but the model appears to be supplied with a 20mm turret, instead of the HOT ATGM launch unit. 

FM0029  VLRA Light Truck
A very nice model (I love these things),
this version has the open cab and no canopy on back.

FM0037 AMX 13 DCA Self propelled anti-aircraft gun. 
This is a very nicely detailed model.

FM0039   AMX 30 Bridge-layer
This is another very nice model, the bridge is beautifully detailed.


And again with the bridge "launched".


AMX30 Roland
The missiles are out of alignment, which unfortunately takes away from 
the appearance of this model a bit.

 This order cleared up a few questions that I had regarding models for my French and German forces.    Now I can set about filling the ranks of my late 1950s Cold war armies.  I'm now awaiting a bunch of 1950s West German vehicles from Shapeways, and hope to share pics in 2-3 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. The VRLA truck is a great one for making technicals and gun trucks! You can slap on the German twin 20mm AA, and there you go, quick and dirty mobile AA defense.

    ReplyDelete