Saturday, June 1, 2019

Continued Cold War Progress

I've been pretty idle on the building/painting front, while giving tendons in my hand time to settle down, but I have been researching background information at a furious pace over the last few weeks.  This has lead to a fair amount of progress, but not much to post about.

Most of the TO&E info has been hammered out (I think), and more lately, I've been work on a list of forces committed to NATO and the WarPac over the years.  As it turns out, most of the gaming related info available is geared for gaming 1985 to 1989.  So, I've been spending a lot of time on Wikipedia and on various military unit association websites, collecting and sorting information.

At this point, I've got the forces of Northag and Centag more or less figured out, though I'm a little hazy about the French, who's information is surprisingly scarce on English language sites (my French is hit and miss).  WarPac forces are my current adventure.

I've acquired quite a backlog of miniatures to paint, over 430 vehicles and aircraft, and another 130+ stands of infantry, with an additional 5 orders already planned.  The vehicles should go fast, as most are just a solid color, though, I hope to do some US equipment with MERDC camouflage.  The infantry will be a slower slog, but still shouldn't be too bad for the most part, as they are only 6mm.

Two orders from C in C waiting for paint.

I still need to pick up (mostly Canadian) vehicles from C in C (once they are back in operation), 1950s US and 1960s German from Scotia, a general mix from GHQ, and about two-thirds of the infantry (maybe 39 packs) yet from H&R.  The last order will be from Shapeways, assuming that Masters of Military does eventually make a Borgward B2000 A/O.

H&R infantry still waiting to be based, plus a few vehicles 
from both Scotia and H&R

Despite my temporary slowdown with painting, progress is moving along at a consistent pace.  And  my enthusiasm just keeps growing, as I continue to research, and read through the infinitely fascinating stories of so many of Cold Warriors.

3 comments:

  1. Good health! And yes - this damn heap of models - causes the deepest feelings for you, master!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey..that's a proper lead mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May your hand heal quickly and allow you to engage with the "lead mountain."

    ReplyDelete