Friday, May 3, 2019

Some Heroics & Ros for the Cold War

I seem to have lost my building and painting mojo over the last month, but I've been doing a ton of research and ordering figs for my 6mm Cold War project.  Th latest order to be received was from Heroics & Ros, and I thought I'd share some photos of the items, since there are not a lot on the H&R site.  So here we go...

H&R West German Spz12-3 APC and Spz 11-2 Recce Vehicle.  
Decent models of each for my 1960s-1970s Germans.

H&R Soviet ASU-57  Airmobile assault gun.  
Looks better in person, the photo doesn't do it justice

H&R Soviet SA-4 Ganeff  Surface to air missile.  
The missiles need a little cleaning up, but again, not a bad model.

H&R Soviet Flat Face Radar.  
The truck is very basic, the face of the radar dishes are nicely detailed, the backs are just smooth.

H&R M24 Soviet VDV Paratroops pack.  These are the newer infantry castings, as are all of those pictured in this post.  Each pack of the basic infantry included 10 strips with 5 different poses.

H&R M24 Soviet VDV close-up.

H&R M25 Soviet VDV Support.  
Again, the newer castings, all very nice, and with great variety of poses, weapons, and equipment.

M25 Soviet VDV Support. Close-up.

H&R M28 Soviet Infantry, again the pack includes 10 strips of 5 poses.

H&R M28 Soviet Infantry close-up

H&R M25 Soviet Infantry Support

H&R M25 Soviet Infantry Support close-up.

H&R M40 French 1980s Infantry

H&R M40 French Infantry close-up

H&R M41 French Infantry Support.

H&R M41 French Infantry Support close-up.

You can order the individual strips of figures, as well, as, the packs of 50.  The newer sculpts are a touch larger and a little more crisp than the old castings.  On the Soviets, the VDV have berets, rather than helmets.  I also ordered a bunch of individual strips of infantry. 

I placed my order about two days after H&R started taking orders again, after their move, and despite their being swamped, they still got the order to me in just about four weeks.  I've already got my next order planned.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on a successful purchase! And thank you very much for the photo.

    ReplyDelete