Sunday, May 5, 2019

A Few Scotia-Grendal Cold War Models

I thought I'd share some pics of a few Scotia-Grendal 6mm models for the Cold War. It is just a few vehicles, but I figure the pix can't hurt.  Please note that the models as depicted in the photos are notably  larger than actual size.

Scotia US M75 APC


Scotia US M59 APC

Both of these early Cold War era US APCs by Scotia are nicely detailed models, the proportions and geometry are good, with parallel surfaces, meeting at sharp  angles.  The Sculpting in not "soft".  The detail is not as exaggerated as GHQ, nor quite as fine as C in C, but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by these, and will be adding at least a company of each to my forces.


Soviet BTR40 

The BTR40 is  probably the roughest casting of the bunch, and while detailing is actually good, the models have some irregularities along the top edges of the hull that detract from their appearance.  I'm guessing that it is caused by mold wear.


Soviet TMM bridge

I really need to build up my bridging equipment, especially for the Soviets.  The TMM bridge-layer is the start of this effort.  The truck is really nicely detailed, another nice surprise, while the bridge itself is more basic.

Service from Scotia-Grendal to the US was quite good, with no problems, and the package arriving in about two and a half weeks.  With any luck, I'll be sharing photos of some more vehicles in about three weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I've been generally happy with Scotia-Grendal microarmor. Their infantry leave much to be desired but their vehicles aren't bad. Which side is going to get the M75 and M59?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The M59s are for the US in the late 1950s, the M75s will serve the US, and probably also use them for the Belgians for games set int he 1977-82 time frame.

    ReplyDelete