Sunday, July 23, 2023

Some Stone Walls

No game this weekend, as my table was occupied with a non-hobby project.  But, I did confiscate the dining room table to work on a little project that has been on the list for some time.

Every now and then, I come across pictures of fields separated by stone walls consisiting of loose filed stone thrown into a sort of continuous pile.  I've been meaning to make some to give a little contrast in the types of dressing for the table top and finally got around to it.

Method of construction was pretty simple; I started with .06" plastic bases, primed, glued aquarium stone in two applications to build the sort of parmid shaped walls using craft glue, then painted and flocked.

Not a complex process, but a little time consuming given the overall scope of the work.  At least I can check it off the list. Here are a few pics: 


There are 30 pieces, with the long sections being 4" 
in length.


With 15mm Quality Castings WWII Infantry.


A little closer view.

That's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. Dry Stone walling is something of an art, but those are good approximations for walls in poor repair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn’t really pull off the look that I was aiming for; but from 2-3 feet, I think it is passable.

      Delete