Thursday, January 26, 2023

Keeping Busy, But Not A Lot To Show Yet

About three weeks back, I bumped into a box of 6mm buildings that my wife got me for Christmas, two years back, and figured that I'd finish them off, as I'll need them for upcoming WWIII battles.  Figuring that they'd take me a week to paint, I'm now three weeks into them, and have a part of my game table tied up with the process.

The occupation of my game table is holding up playing anything at the moment, and given that the next game is Uwanda-Mugabia War battle, I've now discovered an additional delay.  The next battle, between ULF and Soviet forces, takes place in a city and requires the use of 15mm buildings more or less matching the 6mm buildings that I made just before Covid.  Turns out, that I never finished them, and completely forgot.

Some of the 6mm buildings before paint.

So, expecting that I'll have the 6mm buildings done this weekend (they are over 3/4 done at this point), I figure that there will be another delay of 1-2 weeks, finishing the 15mm African buildings, before getting on to my game.

This will sort of cause me to deviate from my "game plan" regarding focusing on no more than ten projects, as building stuff for 15mm African imagi-nations isn't on the current list, but my campaign is dead in the water otherwise, and thus, staying on mission would stop me from playing games, which is the opposite of the purpose of the mission.  Life is so complex.

When I haven't been working on the 6mm buildings, I've been researching campaigns for both 1940 France and Operation Barbarossa.  

The 1940 campaign is farther along in development, with work revolving around creating a  general list of of scenarios along three or four lines of advance to be played out, rather than trying to play out the entire invasion of France and Belgium.  The campaign will start out being historical, though will deviate from the historical path and loose plan of scenarios as dictated by results on the tabletop. 

Barbarossa is a little less far along, as I am still developing the scope of the campaign, though expect that it will be similar to the 1940 campaign.

While buildings have been drying and whatnot, I've also made a little progress on the WWIII aircraft that are slowly coming along, and completed some 15mm field fortifications that can be used for various WWII and Cold War era games.

Despite the upcoming deviation from my "game plan", three months into the it, the plan has been somewhat successful, narrowing the scope of what I've been working on, and allowing me to better use my available time.

Once the African buildings are done, I will wrap up the WWIII 1958 aircraft, and the France 1940 aircraft (several still need decals), which will wrap up work on the 6mm versions of both of those periods.  The 15mm versions of these periods still requiring the addition of some buildings for the tabletop, prior to calling them "done".

I'll post a few pics of the 6mm Buildings, after the weekend.  

Be safe out there.

2 comments:

  1. Those buildings look nice. Looking forward to seeing them when they are done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a lot to do but I bet it will look great when finished.

    ReplyDelete