Sunday, November 8, 2020

World War III 1958 - First Counter Sheet

I haven't had much time to work on it over the last two weekends, so its not nearly complete yet, but here's the first counter sheet for the 1958 version of World War III in Germany:

So far I've only worked on ground forces and I need to go back and make some adjustments and correct a couple of typos, but overall I'm pretty happy with the results.  


The counters display the army, corps, or other groupings that they are assigned to in the upper left, for example, the Soviet 8th guards Army would  be indicated by "8G" in the top left.  The actual division or brigade number and type is listed in the top right, "11G TD" identifies the 11th Guards Tank Division. I went with primary vehicle silhouettes, rather than the military symbol to visually identify the unit, as it will better capture the period for me, and the bottom three numbers are the attack, defense, and proficiency ratings.

With any luck, I'll have the NATO ground forces roughed out today as well. Slow progress, but progress none the less.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I always find there's something very satisfying about creating your own "official" looking counters, cards etc for a game and yours look great so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I know it isn't a big thing, but funny how much sense of accomplishment this is giving me.

      Delete