Sunday, March 15, 2020

Built Some Momentum, Finished Some Miniatures

Over the last two weeks, I managed to assemble and complete 36 Cold War Vehicles.  A combination of Soviet, British, and US models from QRF, Armies Army, and Old Glory.  Here's a few pics:

Clockwise from the top; QRF BMP-1, T-64, BRDM-AT3, SA-8, 
Zil-151, S-60, and SA-6

From back row to front; Armies army Scimitars, Chieftains, 
and landrovers, QRF Saracens, and Armies Army FV432s.

Old Glory M35 trucks.

I still need to plop crew members into a few of them (forgot to do that prior to taking the pics), but otherwise, they are ready to go.  I was pretty happy with them until I clear-coated them.  I tried using a GW paint for the "dust" and when I sprayed them, much of the dust "blew" away.  I finally ran out of my old Polly-S/Polly Scale "dust", "mud", and "dirt" paint, which has been out of production for a hundred years, and have been experimenting with newer paints.  Oh well, the GW paint seemed a bit thick, and probably was too thick/dry for dry-brushing.  Should have thinned it more.  Maybe, I don't know.  At least they have paint, and can hit the table now.

Next up are some 1/285 and 1/300 aircraft, mostly for 1950s Cold War.  We'll see if I can keep up the momentum. 

Assortment of aircraft from GHQ, I-94, H&R, and Scotia.

4 comments:

  1. Are you using multiple scales for your imagination project? Or is this for something a bit different?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My African imagi-nation campaign is primarily 15mm for ground battles, but I do some bigger battles in 6mm due to table size. My Cold war games will be primarily 6mm with occasional games in 15mm, when scale and available miniatures permit. These are mostly intended for Cold War games, though a few could be used in Africa games.

      Delete
  2. Those aircraft look very tempting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying finally making some progress on them. Most were purchased in the last year, but some have been calling my name since the late 1980s.

      Delete