Sunday, March 29, 2020

6mm NATO Cold War Aircraft (1950s)

Continuing my 6mm aircraft project, I finished my NATO aircraft for the Cold War of the 1950s.  Only a total of  twenty models were completed, six US, four French, and ten British.   Here are some pics:


F-84E by I-94 Enterprises (Raiden).


F-104 w/wingtip tanks by I-94 Enterprises.


Vautour bomber (I think from I-94)


Meteor 8 from Scotia. (Wow, the decal border really shows 
up in the pic, didn't notice it otherwise).


Venom by Scotia.


Gloster Javelin from I-94 Enterprises.


And the whole heap of models including F-86E, F-100 from I94, 
Mystere IV from unknown maker,
Vampires from Scotia, and Hunters from I-94

The painting is pretty basic, but they are table worthy, and that is the important thing.  The decals from I-94 and Flight Deck Decals all worked well.  I also made some modifications to my aircraft stands so that they will more readily work with Missile Threat rules.  I have a game set up, and hope to play it early this week.

As with the Soviets, I plan to add to, and expand the NATO forces a bit, as soon as funds are available.

2 comments: