Saturday, February 25, 2023

15mm African Buildings Serviceable

Well, I'm not sure that I can call them done, but they are complete enough to go into service.  It is just a matter of them holding up the show, and I want to play some games.

Adding rust to the roofs turned into a kind of frustrating thing, as I ran out of four colors of paint from manufactures that are no longer in production.  Additionally, I'm temporarily working with one eye (minor, but annoying medical thing), which has made life a little more interesting. I finally just reached a point, where I did a very light weathering and called it a day.  The buildings don't have doors, and there are a few other details that should be added, but I'm going to try using them in their current modular state, and see if they work out okay.  

I had intended to make replaceable wall sections, showing battle damage and whatnot, but some of the pieces are just so light, that they may be more hassle than they are worth.  If the parts tend to get nudged about and mis-align, I may go back and just mount all the bits on fixed bases.  We'll just have to see.  In the mean time, here are some pics:


I'm pretty happy with the ruined buildings, 
less so with the others.









All in all, not great, but serviceable.

I don't know if I'll get a game on the table this weekend or not; it will just depend on how fast the eye thing heals up.  If not this weekend, then likely next.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your eye. Hope it gets better soon.

    Buildings look much better than simply serviceable.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great to me- especially the walled compounds.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too hard on yourself. Those look far better than anything I could do, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! Love the rusty tin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Motre scenery is always good, lovely job. If you are not 100% happy you can always go back again later, till then, happy gaming :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are good as is, but different color washes might help, especially a bit of rust in the crevices of the walls. Gluing on little signs or posters would add character. Hope your eye recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions. They probably look better in the photos, than in person. I probably will go back and give them more attention at some point.

    ReplyDelete