Wednesday, April 13, 2022

A Little Progress on Vietnam Air Power

Not much to show yet, as April is a busy month for me, but slowly making progress on a batch of 1/72 scale aircraft for Vietnam.  Some of these have been lingering in states of semi-completion or on the shelves for 25 years, while others are kits acquired in recent weeks.

Included are an assortment of UH-1Bs and D models, an old OH-6 started in the late 1990s and missing some bits, a single Skyraider, an OV-10 that has been waiting on my table for decals for the last few years, a couple of CH-34s, one almost done, and the other still in the box.


Two of the UH-1Bs will be gunships, the other will be clean.  The UH-1Ds will all be transports.  The OV-10 will be finished as one of the Black Ponies, and it occurs to me as I'm writing this, that I finished a couple of UH-1B/Cs(?) as Seawolves a few years back, but they didn't turn up when I was sorting through models last week.  Here's a pic copied from an earlier post:


Guess I'll need to try to figure out where they are hiding.

4 comments:

  1. A true wargamer is one who has a stash of models unfinished or models stashed away for many years until the desire to finish them arises.

    One of us. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Love the CH-34..very Vietnam and a change from the usual Hueys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice line -up there. Plenty for a game.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make great progress. I remember building many of these same kits. Too bad I sold off the collection although I still have several unbuilt kits if I am ever tempted again.

    ReplyDelete