Sunday, June 6, 2021

A Little 15mm Progress


Toward the end of May, I managed to get the paint brush jump started (it has since run out of gas again) and painted a number of 15mm figs.

First off was another company of Cold War Soviets with some support, mostly QRF figs with a few Peter Pig mixed in to fill some gaps.  I also picked up some Eureka Russian NSV heavy machinegun teams.  In total, 113 Soviet infantry are painted and have since been flocked.

In addition to the Soviets above, I painted 13 Soviet paratroopers to complete another platoon of these troops.  The figs are a mix of QRF with a few of the old Dragonshoard/MJ Figures castings.  I started watching the Caravan Hunters (Great show by the way) on Youtube, and have gotten the bug to go back to Afghanistan.

Lastly, I finshed painting 54 World War II Germans to add some support to my motorized and infantry companies that I finished earlier this year.

That's 180 infantry painted off the bench.  Gaining some ground against the lead mountain.

I also finally got more Tiger Is than I'll ever need, and some Marders off of the table.  I sort of cheated on these,  As I just wasn't up to painting the markings on them, but at least I can get them on the table with basic colors and dust,  after 25-30 years of setting in the basement.


Regarding the infantry figures, I also want to mention that Scale Creep Miniatures, Peter Pig, and Eureka USA all did an outstanding job in getting figs to me in recent weeks.  All three featured great comms, and very fast service.  


4 comments:

  1. They look great. What rules have you considered for Afghanistan? It's a period I have always wanted to play. I have been looking into Hind & Seek, it's designed for 6mm company size, but looks really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I use a home-brew set for Afghanistan. I read about Hind & Seek on TWW, I think it was, they did sound interesting.

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you got some mojo back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, getting a little better, having trouble keeping things going though. Life keeps getting in the way.

      Delete