Saturday, June 13, 2020

Cold War Infantry Arrive

I received my Cold War infantry order from Heroics & Ros a couple of days ago, and here is what 1066 (or there abouts) 6mm infantry look like (plus four aircraft):


I'm still amazed that I needed that many figs to fill out my forces.  These should allow me to complete various infantry formations for France, FRG, UK, US, USSR, and DDR across four decades.

There are a small number of older H&R WWII figs (Bazooka teams and whatnot), and a mix of both old and new H&R Cold War sculpts included.  Each formation will consist of only one type, older or newer figs, as the style and height is a little different between the two.  Most 1950s and 1960s formations will be the older sculpts, with the 1970s formations made of either old or new (not mixed within a given formation though), and 1980s all being the newer sculpts.

I do want to mention that I am particularly appreciative of H&R doing French figures with the MAS49/56 rifles.  I was originally a bit let down at the idea of either using the FAMAS equipped figs or US WWII with M1 rifles for the 1960s and 1970s French.

Along with the infantry, I picked up a couple of Yak-28, an AN-12, and a Jaguar.  I really wish that I could find a source for Mi-4 helicopters, but no luck so far.

These will probably set on the shelf for a few weeks, while I finish up some post apoc stuff that currently covers my work table.

No comments:

Post a Comment