Wednesday, October 16, 2019

A Funny Thing Happened

Yesterday, I got up, went to the basement for another painting session, and was confronted with this:


That empty area in front of all that paint has been filled with  a constant parade of no less than 80 pieces of micro-armor trudging through the painting line since January.  Over 1500 miniatures later... emptiness!

I sat there for a few minutes, sort of lost, wondering what I should work on next.  Then suddenly it hit me; I still had those African buildings to finish.  The same buildings that I've been needing to finish for about a year.  The ones that I just couldn't seem to make any progress on.  The ones that gave way to the 1500 pieces of micro armor all those months ago.  And something else happened.  All of a sudden, I could "see" them.  

By "see" them, I mean, see what they should look like, and want to paint them.  Something that hadn't happened in all the time that I had been trying to get them done.  Yeah, I know, I even had pictures of many of them, but I just couldn't get the mojo going with them.

So, I grabbed the ten remaining buildings that I had prepped to paint (last October/November), and got to it.  A day and a half later, I finished those ten African buildings that had been holding me up for months.  Here they are:


And below are the 11 buildings that I finished in the twelve months prior to the last two days:


Half of them still need some flock added to them; that'l come in a night or two.  But now I can finally get on with my modern African campaign that has been on hold for a year and a half.

Its funny, I struggled so much with getting these done.  They just didn't flow, then all of a sudden... Boom. Done.

I even managed to get 22 stands of 6mm Mugabian infantry finished at the same time, this weekend, I will likely be playing the next battle in my imagi-nation campaign, my first in 6mm.

Now I just need to figure out where i buried my folder with all of the info for the battles...

5 comments:

  1. Thanks. The buildings are castings from my own masters that I made about a year ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Now I have some ideas for finishing the ones I bought from you!

    ReplyDelete