Sunday, March 10, 2019

Ugh, What a Weekend!

So this was to be my weekend to free time to catch up on my 6mm building work, and get my selling page live.

But, earlier this week, my wife's cell phone stopped taking a charge.  After tinkering with it, a bunch of different chargers and two visits to the nearest store, it was declared defective! But, no problem, it is covered under warranty, and a new phone will be send to us next day.

New phone arrives as planned, but another interruption delays the data transfer from the old phone to the new phone until Saturday.  Over the last two days, it took over 9 hours, four different Apple associates, one severe storm, and one power failure (not part of the 9 hours), before successful transfer the data. Oh Lord, I'm glad that is (almost) done.  

So, I tried to relax a little by painting some of my 6mm West German Cold War armor.  It was going pretty good until I got to the point of clear-coating the second batch of 22 tanks and tank destroyers.

I grabbed my can of clear coat, shook it up, sprayed a test spray on a piece of cardboard, and all was good.  I set the can down for a second, adjusted the position of one of the tanks, grabbed the can and sprayed.  I was quite surprised when the weathered green German tanks started to turn gray.  

 I had picked up the new can of primer, which was setting next to the can of clear-coat.  It has new artwork and a new nozzle that looks just like my cans of clear-coat (and different from the last batch of primer cans that I used up yesterday).

So that kind of stole what little joy might have been left in the weekend.

At least the cell phone is working.  

Back to work on 6mm buildings tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Or you almost made a plan to capture the universe and the world mind is trying to stop you. Or I do not know what is happening. Good luck and only good mood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! Hopefully the tanks can be repainted relatively easily.

    ReplyDelete