Saturday, July 4, 2015

Mugabian Border Post (Modern 15mm Imagi-Nation)

I finally managed to build the rest of the stuff needed for my 15mm Mugabian border crossing.  In addition to the watch tower that I build previously, I completed two customs buildings, some signs and fences. The buildings and other odds and ends are based on or inspired by various border crossings between Kenya and its neighbors.




The building walls are made of blue foam, the roofs are textured styrene from Evergreen and Plastruct. 


The fence is HO scale Hairpin Fence from Atlas.

 

The signs were made with Photoshop, printed and sealed and glued onto styrene  and brass sign posts.


With this stuff done, I can finally get some battles on the table top.

5 comments:

  1. Nice stuff! Only suggestion is to depict the fence with signs of rust. Years of neglect, y'know. (In Africa, seems that things are nice when first erected but the idea of regular maintenance has yet to catch on...)

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stuff! Only suggestion is to depict the fence with signs of rust. Years of neglect, y'know. (In Africa, seems that things are nice when first erected but the idea of regular maintenance has yet to catch on...)

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree completely. Actually the I ran out of the color that I use as my base for the rust while working on the little roof, so they will get the treatment in a week or so. The main building will get some Grantline windows too, I need 9 of them, but only had 6 on hand. Thanks.

      Delete