Yesterday, I got up, went to the basement for another painting session, and was confronted with this:
That empty area in front of all that paint has been filled with a constant parade of no less than 80 pieces of micro-armor trudging through the painting line since January. Over 1500 miniatures later... emptiness!
I sat there for a few minutes, sort of lost, wondering what I should work on next. Then suddenly it hit me; I still had those African buildings to finish. The same buildings that I've been needing to finish for about a year. The ones that I just couldn't seem to make any progress on. The ones that gave way to the 1500 pieces of micro armor all those months ago. And something else happened. All of a sudden, I could "see" them.
By "see" them, I mean, see what they should look like, and want to paint them. Something that hadn't happened in all the time that I had been trying to get them done. Yeah, I know, I even had pictures of many of them, but I just couldn't get the mojo going with them.
So, I grabbed the ten remaining buildings that I had prepped to paint (last October/November), and got to it. A day and a half later, I finished those ten African buildings that had been holding me up for months. Here they are:
And below are the 11 buildings that I finished in the twelve months prior to the last two days:
Half of them still need some flock added to them; that'l come in a night or two. But now I can finally get on with my modern African campaign that has been on hold for a year and a half.
Its funny, I struggled so much with getting these done. They just didn't flow, then all of a sudden... Boom. Done.
I even managed to get 22 stands of 6mm Mugabian infantry finished at the same time, this weekend, I will likely be playing the next battle in my imagi-nation campaign, my first in 6mm.
Now I just need to figure out where i buried my folder with all of the info for the battles...
Lace Wars 28mm Hautepol Dragoons
24 minutes ago