Sunday, February 5, 2023

Progress on 15mm African Buildings

As usual, I didn't get as far as I had hoped over the weekend, but I did get the walls assembled for the new African houses, plus a couple of ruined buildings.  I decided to make them modular, so that I can use the buildings in different arrangements, or as the original "compounds".  Here are pics of the current status:






Constructon is from blue insulation foamboard, split into 3/16" thick stock, mounted on .06" thick styrene sheet, glued with Liquitex artist's Matte Medium, and pinned until dry.  

I first coated the bottom edge of the split stock with a coat of mat medium, that way I can glue the walls to the bae with super glue, which makes construction much faster, than it might oterwise be.


I hope to get them painted and detailed during weeknights, and then assemble roofs over next weekend.  I'll post more pics next week.

5 comments:

  1. Good start, interesting technique. They are going to look grand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good progress... looking forward to seeing what you end up with

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. Been a hectic couple of days, but making progress, got them coated with paste, primed, and started painting last night.

    ReplyDelete