Thursday, February 23, 2023

Odds and Ends (Feb2023)

Last week, I was all over the place and without accomplishing any single big project, I still got a lot done.

Imagi-Africa

Regarding the 15mm African houses, I've got nothing new to show yet, I lost a big chunk of last weekend to some things that had to be done around the house, and will likely lose this coming weekend to for the most part.  Amazing how a 3-4 day project (if I got full eight hour work days free) ends up taking six weeks to complete.

Barbarossa Campaign

I have made a lot of progress on the unit rosters for the Barbarossa campaign, the Germans are done, and the Soviets are in process.  Converting the Germans to one to one figure representation was pretty straight forward, the Soviets are a little less so, but moving along.

I've also been doing some research on Soviet defensive positions, found some great info for concrete bunkers, though haven't explored how useful they will be for the campaign, and have roughed out some designs for field fortifications and entrenchments and how to work them into my modular terrain.

WWII Romanians

Tied to Barbarossa, I've been looking into adding Romanian forces in both 6mm and 15mm for Barbarossa.  I haven't found any 6mm infantry, so expect to use proxies, maybe French or Dutch figs to represent them.  For 15mm my initial plan had been to go with True North figs from Old Gory, but those to have been removed from their website, and my e-mail chase to find the status of them has failed.  

QRF and Flames of War has them, but QRF are limited in the scope of the range, and I don't want to sell a Kidney to be able to afford the FoW figs.  I may chase down some of the out of production True North and/or Legions East figs (depending on price) and fill in gaps with QRF, or maybe I can find some FoW at a little discount to make the pain a little less.

1940 France Campaign

I was playing around with my terrain for some of the 1940 battlefields, and realize that I'm going to have to break down and make some 6" square terrain modules for 6mm roads, rivers and streams.  I have the foam, and it won't be a huge amount of terrain or work, but it is another project added to the list.

Painting Table

Still on the painting table are both 15mm and 6mm 1950s vitage aircraft models in various stages of paint, some just needing decals.  A platoon of 20mm PAVN troops from Elhiem, and some 6mm H&R Soviet troops for Barbarossa are all awaiting basing.  No recent progress on any of those, as all of my "building and painting time" has been spent on the African houses, which are very close to done.


Despite being behind on the African houses, I've pretty muched been using all of the free time for one hobby thing or another, and had a pretty productive week.  It seems that I've been on a bit of a roll the last couple of months, as i've made progress on several fronts (Get it? Fronts?), and wake up every morning excited about what I will accomplish through the day.

I'm off to work now, and looking forward to this evening's progress.  Take care and be safe out there!

2 comments:

  1. That’s a lot of projects going on at once. Good luck with them. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew. Yeah, I like to have a lot on my plate.

      Delete