Friday, May 29, 2020

Does Anybody Actually Like The "New Blogger" ?

I hate it.  They have deleted a couple things that I use, given me a lot more junk that I don't, and make it take up more space on my screen (Meaning that I have to take more time scrolling around).  Replacing buttons having actual words, that tells you what the button does, with buttons like the big plus sign to post new posts strikes me as just plain goofy.  Why be clear, when you can make it tedious and confusing?

Oh, and I don't use a phone to blog.  That would be like eating dinner out of a thimble.  If was starving to death, I might do it out of desperation, but I'm not starving.

Sorry for all of the negative, and no gaming content, but this sort of improvement and progress drives me nuts.  If you don't like it, let Google know, because in two months we're stuck with this goofy thing.




9 comments:

  1. Like so many things, if it ain't broken, don't fix it. I don't look forward to any new changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In settings it says that the legacy interface will be available. It may be that they are trying to make blogger work better for mobile. I feel like there have been people who don't have desktops who have numerous problems with it. I certainly hope they don't eliminate legacy as I think it just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your thoughts on this, and that is what I thought they were trying to do, but when I switched over, I eventually came upon a message that said that the legacy version was going to be eliminated in late July. That was what pushed my button.

      In running through the new version, I find that overall, I lose function and convenience, at no gain.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely not, I can't imagine what the person that approved that mess was thinking. It fails in every respect at providing feedback, is almost anti-user. Probably looked good on the demo on an I-Phone. It, quite simply, is a pig's breakfast.

    If they eliminate legacy I shall have to reconsider blogging entirely, I'm too old to learn new things "just because"

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is simply a slicked up version, and I do not like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not used it as of yet. But the feed back I hear is not positive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tried it, didn't like it, switched back.

    But change is inevitable and TPTB will decide they know best what's good for their customers/users.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not too fussed but why fix it if it ain't broken? Bonkers!

    ReplyDelete