Monday, May 25, 2020

Crawling Out of the Rubble

I guess it is somehow appropriate that my "return" to working on the hobby after my debacle last week, was to complete some debris and junk for the post apocalypse.  Not much of an accomplishment really.  But still, I got my mess in the basement sorted out, and managed to paint a few bits.


I'm continuing on more post-apoc junk today, figuring the more that I paint, the more that I can put away.  And, the sooner I put away figures and whatnot spread across my table, the sooner I can get to repairing my flood-damaged terrain.

The final toll from the water damage by the way, is that I need to do some repair work to about 150 square feet of terrain, and probably discard or completely rebuild about 80 square feet, which is much less than it looked initially.  More than a third of what was drowned, dried without any permanent damage.

The biggest loss is to my 20mm Vietnam and Victorian/colonial adventure (Pacific Island/Ponape) terrain.  So those figs will set on the shelf for awhile, but there wasn't much going on right now with those periods anyway.  So I'm painting again; things aren't in too much disarray, and I'm enjoying the Holiday.

Stay well out there.

5 comments:

  1. Irishserb, so glad to hear the damage was less than you first thought. Obviously still sad and still sucks, but happy it sucks less! I'm very sorry to hear your 20mm Vietnam terrain, including I assume the river system, remain severely damaged, as I was an admirer of that set-up, but I will be following your continuing efforts in other genres. Speaking of which, great paint job on those new Post Apocalypse terrain bits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there are some bright spots to this, a lot was saved that you thought was lost. Glad that you were able to enjoy the weekend and that you are moving forward again. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very glad to hear that the damage wasn't as bad as first feared. Hopefully the repairs will go swiftly and smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. Now if I could just win the lottery, so that the day job would quit interfering with my hobby time. Probably should consider buying a ticket though.

    The Vietnam river sections are almost completely okay, but all of the flat and rolling jungle tiles are kind of icky right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete