Friday, May 6, 2011

My Only Pics from Fall-In '93

Back when I had free time and less debt, I used to go to a lot of gaming conventions, up to a dozen per year.  I believe it was in '93 (though feel free to correct me if I am wrong) that HMGS-East ran their first Fall-In historical miniatures gaming convention in Gettysburg, PA.  I went to the con with a good friend , had a good time, saw lots of great games, and took a few pics. 

For anyone who went to the con, one the the memorable things was the endless rain that tried to drown the convention.  I fondly remember missing the shuttle from the hotel to the convention center, and then splishing my way across the inland sea of Pennsylvania, while trying to inhale more air than rain. 

Recently I stumbled across two pics that we took on the return trip from Gettysburg. Unfortunately, I can't find any of the pics of the games from the con, but the two that I found are not something that you see everyday.  We were heading back to US 76, but I can't remember the route that we were on.  During that leg of the trip we saw quite a number of rock slides along the highway (due to the rain), including this one:


Although we didn't get him in the photo, the most ironic thing about the sight was a county worker, just out of the view to the right, that was attempting to sweep up rocks with a push broom.  I hate to think of what this might have been like, had the driver been there a second or two sooner.  As it was, it didn't appear that there were any injuries, other than the to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment