Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Waltzing with Matilda in 15mm

In addition to my own projects, I have made a small number of masters for Gaming Models over the years.  One such project is Craig's upcoming 15mm Matilda I.  I've actually had most of this one done for some time, but have been piddling around with making the track assemblies, which have taken more consideration than most vehicles, due to the way the mostly fenderless tracks stand out from the hull.

Anyway, I'd thought I'd share a couple of pics.  These were taken when I was near to being finished with the hull and turret, but before I had done much on the track assemblies:




This has been an interesting vehicle to build as it feels very "Victorian", similar to the French Char D1 and Char D2 that I did sometime back.  Something about these prewar designs always strikes me as being so ugly, that they are attractive.  I'll be turning the Matilda I over soon, so that I can get on to some other early war projects. 

The Matilida will be available soon along with the rest of Gaming Models 15mm line of WWII vehicles and landing craft.

1 comment:

  1. Your master looks quite stunning. I have often thought that I would like to build a model of this characterful tank. But the complicated lines have put me off. Yours looks spot-on.

    Tony
    http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete