Sunday, September 26, 2010

15mm AAV7A1 WIPS

While my Bradley sets in the middle of the mold making process, before setting up to cast, I decided to try to make a little headway on my other "forever" project, my AAV7A1.

I think that I started this prior to the Bradley, but it got misplaced for quite some time, and once found, bumped for other projects, home repairs, family stuff, etc., etc. When I started it, I was planning to order some of the Peter Pig U.S. Marines, but the economy stalled, and so did my project. Hopefully, I'll have reason to order those Marines soon.
As you can see, it is still some ways from being done, but a late October/early November target shouldn't be pushing it.

Here is a size comparison shot with one of my Humvees. It will ride about 10 percent higher when the track is added and spaced properly from the hull.

Again next to my Humvee, it is a beast.

And lastly, next to a QRF BMP-1, and an Old Glory T-55.

6 comments:

  1. Well, that's got to better than a meat popsicle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. one more product of you to buy....
    lt's go and see your hummers on my blog, they will be finished in 3-5 days.
    http://fandeplomb.blogspot.com/
    I hope they will make you advertise on the blog and ambushalley
    with pleasure
    Georges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work, Brian! I am tempted to pick one up, but I do not have a use for one...yet.

    Looking forward to Gen Kill type Humvees and possibly LAVs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is gorgeous...

    I so want one, or two, or three.

    ReplyDelete