Saturday, December 17, 2022

On Track with Levin Miniatures (part 2)


Back to work on the railroad track sections; next, I stippled some acrylic putty along the upper portion of the track bed, nearest the ties to give a hint of ballast.  Not sure that it did much to help the cause, but it is there.


The tracks were then primed and painted, and some flock was added along the lower edges of the track sections.  Here are some pics of the finished sections.






I started working on a crossing, but wasn't happy with size of its footprint, so will try again at a later point.  Additionally, I have some unused track sections left to add bits as needed in the future.

The end result will do the job, but I think they look a little "flat".  Some weathering will probably fix that, but they ended up taking a week's more free time than I had anticipated, and I'm not sure of the method for weatheing yet.  For now, I'll move on to some other things.

I should also mention that service from Levin Miniatures in getting the track was quite good, and as with their buildings, I am very happy with their castings.   Quality is good, price is very reasonable, and service has been excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment