Thursday, June 20, 2019

So I Bought This Book...

...on Amazon a few days back, from a seller in Cincinnati, Ohio  It's a used Cold War book about the Warsaw Pact forces in the 1970s that will hopefully fill in a few gaps for my upcoming games.  The book is supposed to be delivered  between July 2nd and 5th, (somehow, I feel like saying that, was a mistake).

Anyway, it is 109 miles from Cincinnati, Ohio to Columbus, Ohio, and I live just north of Columbus.  I checked the tracking information, and the US Postal System shipped it from Cincinnati to Pittsburgh, PA, 290 miles; then to Buffalo, New York, another 215 miles; and it has to come back to Columbus, another 327 miles (to our local sort facility) before arriving here.  So it will travel at least 832 miles via USPS to make a 109 mile journey.

Somehow, that just seems a little bit not right.  I'll be interested to see tomorrow, if it maybe makes a stop in Toadsuck, Arkansas, or maybe Chugwater, Wyoming, before coming back to Ohio.

Well, that's all I've got.  A mild whine, while waiting for the book, so that I can move on to the next step in my Cold War adventure.

1 comment: