Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Armaments in Miniature 15mm (1/100) CH47A (late) Chinook

On Monday, I  received two Armaments in Miniature 15mm (1/100) CH47A (late) resin models in the mail.  Excited, I quickly opened the box, excavated the packing material, and found the two CH47 models.  I was amazed, though I should have known to expect nothing less than amazing.  These are simply beautiful models.  They came as a cast fuselage, and two sprues with rear ramp, landing gear, rotors, etc.

I haven't had time to do any assembly, but as I haven't seen much about these on any of the forums, thought I'd share some photos.


 
 
 
 
 
Though it doesn't show up well in the photos, the panel lines
 and side windows and present and obvious if seen in person.
 

The resin is flawlessly cast, with absolutely no bubbles, and detail is outstanding.  At $21 each, these models are less than half of the price of the only other 1/100 CH47 model that I have seen, which is rarely available on Ebay.

AIM offers the model in early and late versions at $19.00 and $21.00.  Ordering was simple and fast, delivery time was less than a week.  An outstanding model and an outstanding value.  You know you that you need one...or two... 

5 comments:

  1. The model looks outstanding...thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good catch, and they look very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review. Thank you. I would love to see an H21 flying banana and an H34 Wessex like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool stuff man, don't tempt me! I sent you an email.

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete