When I went searching for my last post about these, I was shocked to find that it was nearly two years old. I stopped work on these as I needed to either make of find wheels for them, and finally did, but can't believe that they set on my painting table for what turned out to be a 23 month search.
Anyway, as part of my "finish unfinished projects" crusade, I managed to make some headway on these yesterday. When I started, they looked like this:
After today, they look like this:
They are two variations of the same basic vehicle. A light armored car used by a regional military in my post apocalyptic world. The idea is that they are recycled, pre-apocalypse gas guzzlers, rebuilt as electric exploration/mapping and recce vehicles, with various added gizmos for their new role. That's an old GW Imperial Guard fig (circa 1989) in there for some sense of scale/size.
There are some other bits and some baggage that will be added during or after painting. With any luck, I've have some shots of the table-ready vehicles to share in the next couple of weeks.
Northag: Buying the farm - Stables - part 1
9 hours ago