Friday, August 26, 2016

Another Air Combat Rules Update

Well, I've tinkered a little more with the air combat rules, making some changes before my first game. The scale went to 1/2940, though turn length is staying at 5 seconds for now.  I think I have decent mechanics for working out basic maneuvers such as wingovers,  chandelles, and loops with the stands.  We'll have to see if they give reasonable representations of movement.  The gun tables, shooting, and effects are hammered out, as are basic IR missiles.

I updated the aircraft stand and made a few more with all the required markings for movement and deflection shots, and made turn gauges.

So far, I've only managed to paint the four planes needed  for the next encounter in my African imagi-nations war, a couple of F5s for Uwanda, and two Mig 17s for Mugabia.  I haven't had a chance to make decals in scale yet, and probably won't before trying out the planes and rules.  Right now, I 'm hoping that I have a successful day casting on Saturday, so that I can have Sunday to try the first game with the airplanes.



Hopefully, I'll have an AAR in a couple of days.

3 comments: